Saturday, October 15, 2005

Go Fly a Kite!


The last time I remember flying a kite was when we lived in Berne. I couldn't have been more that 12 years old. If I was 12 when I last made an attempt, then here we are 21 years later and I'm flying one again!

I'm sure that if we didn't have kids this never would have happened. How can watching a piece of nylon attached to a string float in the breeze be so enjoyable? Well, something about it was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed it too. Both Austin and Lindsey got a turn at flying the kite.

There's a nice big parking lot not far from our house where we take the kids to let them practice riding their bikes, and now it has become a place of kite flying. No cars in the evenings, no power lines, (just a few parking lot lights here and there!)

Once the sun set, the breeze energy dissipated and the kite started to fall to earth. I hope we can enjoy another nice evening like tonight to try it again sometime.

No comments: