Friday, March 31, 2006

"A Story About Me"

As part of his on-going history lessons, Austin had to write (dictate) his own story. The "History of Austin," as it were. It frightens me how much his whole world relies on various video game markers.

"Once upon a time it was my first time playing with Nintendo. I liked playing Mario. I loved it, I loved it, I loved it. Then Logan got me into Mario Kart and I also liked Tigger's Huney Hunt. Stankiewicz's gave me Mario Kart for Christmas. I also like Ms. Pac Man.
I did Phonics for a while then I got Toy Story 2.
When we moved we learned that milk made me feel bad at night. [not really true]
Then with Toy Story 2 I got bored with that. I watched ho Jesse got over to the slime time. Indeed he did.
Logan is my Nintendo buddy.
Then I was still sick at night and I didn't know why. My mommy and daddy didn't either.
We moved into a townhouse. I got Donkey Kong. It was kind of hard to move and I made friends even though I didn't want to. I miss Logan most of all. But I made friends with Benjamin and Jameson.
I wanted Mario Party 7 but Daddy said it was on GameCube.
Grandmom and Granddad came and gave me a game boy. I play Nemo and Mario Kart.
The I got Donkey Kong. I didn't like school and now I like school. I also learned how to do a digital camera. The end.

4 comments:

Rob Eubank said...

An A+...I think Master Austin may be the next Hawthorne or Faulkner- I'm guessing it's that good southern upbringing!

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't worry, I think Bill Gates may have enjoyed video games too....

emily said...

Austin,
I remember the feeling of having to make new friends even though you don't want to. It's weird and hard. You feel kind of guilty—like you will hurt your old friends' feelings by making new friends. But you can be friends with all of them!

I have more good friends today because I did it, like you and your mom & dad!

And now you have Benjamin, Jameson and Logan!

Anonymous said...

What a smart kid! I can't believe he can spell Stankiewicz!!

Elisa