Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's a busy day(s) in the neighborhood..

Since Lindsey has gone to Maryland with friends, in order to try and fill the hole that she has left with us missing her -- we decided it would be great fun to have the Hutchins kids over. So on Thursday and Friday, from 9a.m. - 7p.m. we had the priviledge of having these sweet kids over. We had some gorgeous days so we were able to spend a great deal of time at a lake and two parks. We also had two picnics. Brian had off those days so there was 'safety in numbers'.

Austin, Caleb, David, Anastasia,Grace, Joshua, and Reece.

I was still able to get in some "girl time" this week. Grace, Anastasia and I did several fusion bead designs and we read a ton of books. The boys built zoos and raced cars, on the Wii one day and they also had fun with the homemade play dough. I didn't have any koolaid to color it so I thought it would be fine to knead the dough with food coloring. Well....my hands were literally stained hot pink for 48 hours. I had Brian drop the kids off Thursday night so I wouldn't scare Hans and Stacy with my appearance. Always wanting to look like I have everything under control I guess. :)


The kids took over the cul de sac and helped clean out our garage by removing every single toy. :)
Thursday night Reece actually tucked himself in bed 25 min. early, but by Saturday morning he was asking when we would see them again. Fortunately we have made plans to spend time with their family next Friday so we are already counting down the days....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

what fun! i'm sure you, Brian, and the kids had fun! what a blessing you were to Hans and Stacy too! the beads look like fun...can you tell i'm looking forward to those kinds of things! :) you crack me up about your hands and 'keeping up appearances'!!! LOL! :) you are too cute!