Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Seeing Green..


It is so much fun to see people go "all out" for any reason - Irish or not. Breakfast for some include green pancakes, green eggs, and green milk. For us the best I did were these green cinnamon rolls (well - the frosting anyway) and that was a stretch for me to eat something sweet for breakfast. Just couldn't do the pancakes/eggs/milk thing. I guess I don't have a texture problem -- all visual for me. The kids loved it cause it made their tongues all green. So I got some "mom points" today.
Last week Awanas had "green night" and we did go all out for that. Here the boys are leaning over rags as their green hair was dripping. I told them not to move for 30 minutes. Great way to get some "quiet time" in. :)


I was sure adding up some extra "mommy points" that night because both Austin and Lindsey won prizes for being the "most green". Here's Austin going with another green buddy to get his award.
And here is Lindsey with some of her "green friends" showing off their prizes for the night.
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Very creative! Way to go racking up all those cool points!

anthonyandbeth said...

what a cool mom you are! i completely forgot about doing anything green and didn't even have them wear green shirts. maybe they can change before awana so they won't get pinched. :)

maybe next year! :) and those green faces were adorable! they definitely deserved to win! :)

Carpool Queen said...

Why is it that I can't get past thinking how you're going to get that green stuff out of your shower?