Sunday, January 01, 2006

Can't find my rollerblades

Yeah--I have rollerblades. I know, I never use them. The truth is, I can only find blades for one foot, which so far has been more distressing than not finding the complete pair. Janet keeps her blades in a nice rollerblade pouch. It's easy to keep those together. Mine, however, float around independently of each other. One of them has floated away. I'm upset because I'm leaving a box open until I find it. I've looked everywhere it might be and I'm running out of options as the house slowly but surely becomes packed up--there are fewer places for the single-foot blades to hide!

There are no pictures on the walls, the book cases are all empty and their contents either packed up or thrown out. Last week, we had a huge pile of trash. I wondered if the trash company would take everything, but they did. We set out some plastic yard toys that the kids don't play with any more out on the curb. We put them out on Christmas Eve day. By the evening, they were gone! Merry Christmas!

We are busy dividing up our worldly possessions into two categories: going to the townhouse, going to storage. The garage has no longer been a place to house our vehicles, instead, it is a cardboard box warehouse. Going to the townhouse on the left, where the van used to be parked, going to storage on the right, where the Mazda used to be parked.

I sent out our new info (snail mail address, phone, and e-mail) in a large group e-mail recently. If for some reason I overlooked you, please e-mail me and I'll forward you the info. Of course, leaving comments here is a great way to keep in touch!

2 comments:

Rob Eubank said...

By any chance, do you wear a size 10 1/2? If so, you can have mine...I never use them! Either way, you better make sure you have a pair...I think all the N. Carolina folks wear them to the weekly NASCAR heats!

-Rob

Brian Megilligan said...

Found the other rollerblade. Closed up the box o' rollerblades. Feel much better now. Thanks.