Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saying Goodbye.....

I guess I've known this, about myself, for awhile... I am not good at goodbyes. So if anyone has a handle on that one, I'd love a lesson in it. :)

Today we had to say goodbye to some dear friends of ours. While it is sad for us, we are so happy that they are able to go to where the Lord has their family. Last Tuesday these crazy friends even had us over to celebrate their son's birthday. The Dad even decorated the dining room while the Mom planned all the fun games. These are pictures from Tuesday night.

Today we had lunch at Fat Daddy's with a large crowd of their friends. It was a special time to spend together and we literally sat for hours as they awaited the time they would need to be at the airport. As the crowd dwindled down, we just kept refilling our drinks and the kids ended up playing 'duck duck goose' on the floor in the restaurant -- but none of us parents cared. :)

Please pray for this dear family in the weeks to come and all of their adjustments. I LOVE the fact that this family keeps eternity in mind and has little care and concern for this world other than sharing Christ with those that need Him. Our kids are sad and will miss these sweet friends as will Brian and I. We know it won't be forever.

Just tie a string on a spoon and have it go through everyone's shirts and pants -- and laugh until you cry!



Yes, there is a reason why we wrapped up 5 boxes of cereal in Christmas paper.


4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i'm so glad you were able to get in some special memories before the "goodbye"! goodbyes are NEVER easy. i know you ALL are going to miss them dearly! so thankful for technology and hoping that will make them seem closer than they will be physically!

Sandy said...

What a sweet way to "begin their adventure" as they leave! It will be so neat to "see" all that God does through them! And you do have some great memories to call on!

Sherri said...

I wondered what all those streamers and balloons were for when I was over there yesterday.

We miss them already.

At the farewell party last week, we were reminiscing a lot and got good laughs looking at pics of them when they came to our wedding. I can't believe we've known them since before we got married!

I guess it's time to share them with others who need their influence so much more!

We will be praying.

emily said...

That reminds me of when a special family left Akron, oh, about 4 years ago, and I had to say goodbye.

Goodbyes suck. (No, I'm not the one to talk to about getting over them.)