Friday, May 07, 2010

Snow Day!

This past winter we were snowed in for a few days, but I didn't want to take any snow days from school when we couldn't go anywhere and have fun. So I promised the kids we would take a snow day in a few months. I was telling Beth about it and we came up with the plan to surprise our kids with a "snow day at the beach". The weather has been gorgeous and it was time to surprise the kids. So this past Thursday morning I woke them up and yelled "snow day at the beach"! I don't know why I expected a huge reaction to that - because I didn't get one. They wanted to sleep. (so like their Momma in the morning). By the time we loaded up and headed to Beth's house....they were pretty pumped about our plans.

It was absolutely gorgeous!! Perfect time of year to go. I felt like we had the beach all to ourselves. Here's Beth and Addison hanging out at our spot.


This little girl wasn't too into getting all "icky" in the sand so she hung out with Beth and I. It was too funny when this sea gull came to check out what snacks Addison was having. We couldn't believe it when the sea gull took off with part of Addison's sandwich.

Jackson and Reece were busy boys as they made there own water tunnels in the sand. They also loved chasing the sea gulls, jumping waves and riding their boogie boards.


Here's Beth and Addison hanging out...

Austin, Harrison and Lindsey became quite good at riding the waves..
The sun wiped Addison out and here she is sleeping in the wagon which made for a great make shift bed.
With Addison sleeping and Beth and I talking the day away, our kids were yelling at us trying to get our attention. We turned around and found this: the kids getting all cozy in the sand.

It could not have been a better beach day!

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

such a FUN day! we loved it and i don't think the kids wanted to go home! :) Jackson asked yesterday morning could we please go back to the beach. :) now, if i could just get Addison over her fear of sand and the ocean. :) i'm sure she'll come around. at least she was pleasant! :) and i'm excited to finally have some color on these arms. :)

Sandy said...

What a fun "snow day"! I think that was a brilliant idea!

Amy said...

The wagon-bed is a great idea that I'm filing away for later!! Love that you saved your snow day for the beach!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

*sigh* soooo jealous seeing yall on the beach!!!!!! my boys have never seen a real beach. they think the sand bars on the cedar river are like the beach.
thanks for the training advice! we have that dvd at the library! I will try it!