Monday, May 03, 2010

Our worlds collided last week.....


Oh...yes that is me with a bag over my head and yes I did write: "Momma is checked out". And yes my kids thought that was hilarious!
Surely I'm not the only Mom, when registering her kids for various activities, thinking it looked "ok" on paper but the reality was much different.

Well....last week hit us like a storm. We have activities that are finishing up and some that are short and sweet, yet just started. They collided together this week. Here's how it played out.

Sunday: birthday party and Tae Kwon Do
Monday: swim lessons for all three (Working their way up the 7 levels at the Y. Mostly refining various stokes and dives right now.)
Tuesday: Tae Kwon Do
Wednessday: Swimming lessons and then stuff some protein balls in their mouths on the way to Awanas. Yep...that was supper.
Thursday: Tae Kwon Do 1 1/2 hour seminar.
Friday: Soccer practice for two kids.
Saturday: Soccer games

Whew! I remember walking into Awanas, with Brian, and saying: "The kids are going to be SO tired tonight." He was right in saying that: "No, I think Mommy is going to be so tired tonight."

I'm so thankful for many things right now, though. I see school subjects finishing up for the year. Swim lessons, Awanas, and Soccer will be done in the next week or two and then the schedule will only really include Tae Kwon Do. Summer is coming!

Sometimes we just need to see a little "light at the end of our tunnel". I'm starting to see it. I'm also looking forward to this week with some new, yet fun, things. Tomorrow will be strawberry picking time with a sweet lady and her kids. Thursday is a promised "snow day" with another precious friend and her children and -trust me - we'll be playing in the best kind of snow around all of North Carolina ALL DAY! On Friday is the day that the kids take off with Brian while I have my own playdate with one of my "once a month" buddies. She'll be coming here for "brunch".

Whoops.....since I'll be gone all day Thursday can a bowl of strawberries count as "brunch". :) PLEASE tell me it can be so...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

love the bag over the head! hilarious! :) it is a busy time of year and i'm always excited when pool days are about all that's left on the calendar. :) snow in May??? tell me more, tell me more!!! ha ha!! this heat is KILLING me! :)

Carpool Queen said...

May is sooooo busy, isn't it? It's my craziest month of the year.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

love the picture!!! too funny!

yes, the bars are as good as the cookie, the recipe is almost exactly the same!

enjoy!

rabbimeg said...

Help and hope is one the way; just hang in there about 2 more weeks!
Granddad