Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Discontent in the British Colonies and the American Revolution

Austin and Lindsey are currently learning about when the thirteen colonies became independant states. It is great fun, after spending the past two years in Ancient times and The Renaissance, to recognize names such as: Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin and George Washington. These books are just ones we checked out of the Library for only this weeks reading. There were so many great books, for this time in history, I just got online and reserved all of the ones reccomended. At least two of them I could get on audio which will save me 6 hours of reading out loud. I don't know who enjoys these more - the kids or me. When I went to school, we had a boring history text and all we wanted to do was skim the material and find the answer to our multiple choice questions. Austin and Lindsey aren't tested in history, but they have to narrate back to me what they have heard. (Ha - I do know if they listen or not.) Off to read!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ok now...I'm starting to get overwhelmed!

Janet said...

Now Heather....I opened up the activity guide to my History spine. I reserved all the books, online, from the activity guide. (5 minutes work here).

Today, I went to the Library and they were all on the shelf with my name on them. I went to the self-check out and WA-LA. Done!! (8 min. to the Library and 3 minutes to take them off the "hold shelf" and check them out.)

We'll talk more tomorrow night! :)