Monday, February 11, 2008

The Oldest


Austin said a couple of things today that just crack me up, yet is so typical of our oldest child. Today, during English, I needed a simple sentence that used the word "blood". So I told him, "Your blood is red." The second it was out of my mouth, I knew I was going to hear quite a discussion on blood for a child who has always enjoyed human anatomy books. Austin said, "Actually Mom, your blood isn't really red. It is the 250 red blood cells that are in each drop of blood that makes it red when the blood comes into contact with oxygen." He went on a little more in correcting my limited knowledge, but that is the gist of it. Yes, I will be more careful when choosing sentences.

This past week Austin was responsible for the grocery list as he, Daddy, and Reece went to get groceries. Tonight he went to pick out a curtain rod for his room and then he had to help his Daddy with the tools and getting the curtain rod up. I complimented him on being such a big boy and a great helper to all of us. His relply was: "Yeah, Mom, being the oldest can really be a hard life." Oh....did I laugh cause this poor kid has it "so rough" in the responsibility area. I must say that he really beams when given these jobs that we feel only the oldest can handle. So....all in all I think he likes being the first born.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

sounds like he has a little bit of dry humor...i love that! :) Janet, he is so handsome! :)