Thursday, March 20, 2008

Deer in "our forest"

There is nothing new about seeing deer beyond our back yard fence, but the frustration is getting a picture of them before they run away. Each day this week we've been eating our lunch outside. Today the kids had fun watching 5 deer eat their lunch as well. The deer were far enough away that we didn't scare them. This morning they were right up by our fence eating breakfast, but the second you open the door they take off. I don't know what it is about deer, but I never get tired of watching them eat and drink in the creek. The other day there were two geese floating down the creek and two deer drinking from it. I just find it to be such a beautiful sight and so do the kids.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Watch out for those deer...they chewed off the heads off all my flowers last summer. Betcha didn't know deer like golf courses- its' all the tasty flowers When we looked outside today, we didn't see deer...instead we saw where a 30+ foot tree had fallen. Know anyone who needs good hard wood for a wood burning fire place? It's free if someone would come pick it up!!!!! We'll pay them to cut them into logs & haul it away.

Janet said...

That is amazing that you would find deer on the golf course.

I guess our fence does more than just keep the kids in the backyard. Also keeps the deer out.

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
rabbimeg said...

Okay, I see the kids, the fence and the woods...so where are the deer???!! It's great that you can enjoy the outdoors and lunch already. Try that in Ohio!
Granddad

Janet said...

oh, come on.....Dad, if you enlarge the picture and look closely I promise you will see one deer and then part of another deer. If you only knew how many times I have tried to get a picture of these deer. I was just thrilled to get this one. :)Even though I am the only one who can see it.