Friday, September 26, 2008

A day in the life of .....


The kids are in their second week of co-op and are really enjoying these opportunities. The first picture shows a castle project Reece and Lindsey worked on during their Medieval class. It's been fun to hear all about that time period again (we studied it two years ago). The 5th-15th centuries are full of interesting characters and happenings. Anyway....it keeps our dinner time conversation interesting. After this class Lindsey goes to Weather and Reece goes to Dinosaurs. Lindsey learned all about cloud formations and somehow had making and eating cotton candy as part of the "hands on cloud formation aspect of class". Hmmm. Interesting. Reece is in "Dinosaur Heaven" as his teacher has boxes of 'anything' dinosaur. Perfect for my tactile learner. He always comes out telling me what all God made.


Later that day Lindsey had a two hour drama seminar with an awesome drama coach. I participated as well and now I understand why this teacher once had a parent ask her why her son came home with rug burns all over his face. It was phenomenal and the fastest two hours ever.



After the two hour drama seminar, Lindsey and I stayed late to learn how to assemble a tent in 6 minutes. Not sure when we'll use this information, but the girls had a great time. Tomorrow these girls will be living it up at a birthday party at Pump It Up. I'm hoping the moms stay cause I love that place.


Austin learned all about the metamorphosis from egg to butterfly. He loves to draw and his diagrams were great to see. It's also been a perfect year for him to study government and election. It's also added flavor to our home conversations to hear him name the key players in the political race.

Oh.....and as for myself....while the kids were in classes I joined my small group to listen to Paul Tripp on audio. One sentence that has stayed with me is: "You (as parents) are shaping the souls of human beings." Wow.......no pressure there to 'not' mess up on the God given job to parent these little gifts from Heaven. It's scary to think these little ones are still such imature babes in Christ and need such constant guidance. The good thing is it keeps me on my knees before the Lord.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: