Saturday, September 20, 2008

We DO lose brain cells as we age!



During the school year I usually can only get to the Y on weekends, so this here treadmill is what I rely on for 9 months of the year. We've had this treadmill way before Austin was born, so it is pretty old. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to Brian on the phone and telling him about my treadmill workouts. I was telling him that only 10 minutes on the treadmill and I am dripping with sweat (lovely, I know.). I know I need to sweat hard to really work my heart muscle, but this was a little extreme I thought. Especially since I only had the incline at a level two. Brian, in such a kind husband-like manner, asked if I had noticed that the incline was actually broken and it was stuck on the highest level. Talk about a "duh" moment. Wow - no wonder 2 miles felt like 5! Good grief! Well.....like I said, I rely on this machine to get me through each day and keep my heart pumping strong....so I'll keep climbing the hills each day. The worst part is cooling down while climbing up! UGH!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Heather said...

I still think that's so funny! Looks like it's time for new treadmill!

Stephens Family News said...

Thanks for the smile and laugh this post brought my way! :o) I'm actually quite impressed...I'm one of those people that uses the easy "manual" setting on a treadmill that is basically no incline at all!

Allison said...

So, treadmills are for running??? Dude, when I used to have one, I hung my clothes on it!! And I didn't work up a sweat at all!! Hee Hee!!