Tuesday, September 09, 2008

September's Buzz

Early August is a great time for us to start school. It's too hot to play outside and we are just ready to jump into the new curriculum that the box guy (UPS) has been dropping off at our house all summer long. It gives us a chance to get our 'school work groove' going before activities start up in September. Even this month has been nice because we start a new activity about once a week. Soccer, for Lins and Reece, started first. Then came Austin's tennis. This week Awana's, gym and art class will begin. Next week we'll start co-op classes and the week after that Austin will begin his hand bell choir. Oh yeah....also Kidz Praise and Girl Scouts this month as well. Hmm....blogging might be hit or miss as I enjoy my kids and all the blessings that come with this precious season in their life.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Janet said...

Oops....forgot about the last picture. Lindsey has the privilege of starting piano a year earlier than originally planned. This picture was of her first duet with Daddy. Lindsey absolutely soaks up this piano time with her Daddy.

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun! I LOVE the pic of Lindsey and Brian playing the piano together. I used to sit and play/sing/dance while my dad played the piano...fond memories:)

anthonyandbeth said...

i love the picture of Lindsey and her daddy! i just LOVE girls with their daddy's! sounds like a lot of fun stuff in the Megilligan family! tennis looks fun!

Sherri said...

Great pics - so many fun activities for your sweet, smart, sponges. But I wanna know what kind of vitamins you take to keep up such a busy schedule with the kids!!!:)

Janet said...

Hey Sherri, No special vitamins here (although I want to put my vitamins in a daily container so I REMEMBER them). I just do what you do SO well. Multi-tasking.

Listening to pod-casts on the treadmill, grocery shopping while the kids are at Art and Gym Class, studying Awana verses (with Lins and Reece) during Austin's Hand Bell Choir, cleaning the house while Brian takes all kids to Lindsey's soccer practice, and writing grocery lists or reading books to the kids while Austin does tennis. I sleep very well at night and I bet your house is cleaner than mine right now. :)

emily said...

Love the pic of Brian and Lindsey!

rabbimeg said...

The kids keep getting older, more talented and smarter. Pretty soon it will be hard for granddad to keep up with them. I hope there's still opportunity for wrestling, chasing, and tickling. I don't mind the piano lessons, at least I can sit still in one place for them. But if we play tennis, Austin will have to hit the ball to me (not at me) so that I don't have to chase it!