Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Party Continues

After a fun-filled day, with friends, Austin came home and opened gifts from his grandparents. To help Grandma out I kept asking Austin what he wanted for his birthday. The three things he asked for were: his own e-mail account, his own blog, and a journal. You would really think a 10 year old might start getting expensive, but not Austin. He did get all three of his wishes plus a few more. This coming week he'll celebrate with his other grandparents and he is even willing to wait on birthday cake until they come.

Trust me when I say it is hard to believe that Austin is already 10 years old. Poor child has to hear about his birth story each year, because his Mom likes to bring up the fact that he was measuring at a 7 lb. baby and came out (not easily at all) at 9 lbs. 9oz! (I must say his birth video is too funny hearing the nurses and doctors say his weight--with hoots and hollers - and then shriek at his length along with: "That's a big head!" Since I was pretty DEAD by then, I enjoyed listening to all that talk on video.)
He also hears this story, often through out the year, when he is being difficult. It's the conversation that goes something like this: "After all I had to go through to get you into this world, buddy, you'd better be good to your Mom!" It doesn't help Austin that we had a wonderful Doula write down a book about his labor and delivery (moment by moment and step by step) which includes pictures of me looking like I'd just ran a marathon. Can't you just see Austin running the other way when I pull out his 'birth book'? :) (Don't worry......we had the same Doula for Lindsey and Reece so they all have their birth stories, for me to pull out, as well.)

We love you more than words could ever say! Happy Birthday Austin!





Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad to hear that Austin had a great birthday and got all he wished for:)...as for the birth story, that's hilarious!

Stephens Family News said...

I laughed out loud at the birth story! So funny! I'll have to share the extreme nausea and c-section stories with Noelle when she gets older gets older! ;o)

Happy Birthday Austin! You have entered the "double digits"!! :o)

Anonymous said...

He cracks me up -- it's quite something to receive a "blog" invite from a 10 year old. Wow, times are a-changing.....

Now I have 3 Megilligan blogs to track, plus Facebook.......good thing I have 2 blackberries! See you all in blogland! Happy Birthday Austin!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Austin! Sure wish our kids had such mature and affordable birthday wishes as you had. Hope you enjoyed your day.

emily said...

He got a Wii? I'm jealous. Happy 10th birthday, Austin!