Monday, March 23, 2009

Two Weeks Ago Today.....

I made a terrible mistake in thinking that my sister's garage had only 2 steps instead of three. That miscalculation has really -literally - been a royal pain the past 14 days. I realize a doctor doesn't mean to scare you, but when he examines your foot 3 separate times and has you go back for retakes on your x-rays - you just start to wonder what he will finally confirm. Fortunately I have no broken bones and I am SO thankful for that. But, if I tell you to kiss your feet, I really do mean it. When feet work ok - what a blessing they are. :)

Two weeks later there is still the bruising, but the swelling is starting to go down. These pictures were taken recently as I just don't think I want to remember what my foot first looked like. I told someone that the yellow color makes my foot look like a corpse's foot. She made a great observation: "How would you know what a corpse's foot looks like?" :) True.
I could get used to Brian running all of my errands, though, and even lunch in bed while I elevate the foot. There are only a few perks to this situation. :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I walk down those steps I think about you....and feel terrible. Kevin does too -- I can't believe it's still bruised and wasn't broken. Good thing Brian is such a willing helper :)

Stephens Family News said...

Ouch!! Hope healing will come soon!

emily said...

Ugh. I hope it gets better quickly. I bet you hate not being able to work out.

Janet said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Emily - it drives me crazy not to get to the Y and I know that doesn't surprise you.

Lynette -- You are Kevin are so kind. Trust me...I take FULL responsibility for my "smooth move" on those steps. :)