Monday, June 08, 2009

Beach Day...

I can't believe we are several days into June and still had not been to the beach. This is a first for us because we had usually taken a few trips down in May. This year May was just not going to happen. And it almost felt like June wasn't going to happen when we had to cancel a Saturday beach trip. So, we did a first for us and I took the kids down by myself. We had a blast! I'm worse than the kids with excitement as I just can't wait to get my toes in the sand and spend a day at the beach...

Our kids are truly 'wave jumpers'. They would have spent the whole time jumping waves for sure. I must admit I missed Brian pulling the heavy cooler and I missed having him jump the waves with the kids. ( and I missed his company of course and him driving while I catch up on many magazines....etc. :) I usually manage to keep my head out of the water, but at one moment I thought Austin had gone out too far and was having problems (he wasn't). Well....I guess I now know that it is likely this Mom will die trying to get to her kids. A couple of waves took me and literally flipped my feet above my head and pulled me right under. Lindsey was just too excited over this saying: "Mom - you should have seen yourself!" That's ok....I can only imagine the spectacle I was out there...


There were a few moments in the day when I did call an "ocean break" and the kids still had a great time playing in the sand. This picture, below, is my ocean view during the "ocean - wave jumping breaks". The day was gorgeous!!

Love my GPS!! I know how to get to Wilmington, but I flunked Brian's quiz of how to get to a very specific spot (one with a shower and bathroom facilities). So he requested I take my trusted friend along with me. I snapped a picture of it as we were leaving the ocean as I loved seeing all the 'blue' on the GPS. Lindsey and Reece slept all the way home and -even though I'd never want to be a truck driver - I did enjoy a solitary 2 hours going home.

3 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

what a FUN time y'all must have had! good for you for jumping in the car and making it happen! :) my kids slept most of the 3 hours home on Sunday and i sure enjoyed that quiet trip... :)

so glad you got in the car and just went. what a fun day!

Heather said...

so jealous!! anytime to want to go back let us know:)

Austin said...

You know what? You called me.