Saturday, August 21, 2010

Special people along the way....

As I said in an earlier post, we decided to really make the most of this trip in that we purposely chose to see some special people along the way.
I was so thankful to be able to spend an evening with Uncle Sandy and Aunt Laurene. It was so good to hear about their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I've heard it many times before, but I still love to hear how my twin cousins were born and how they didn't even know they'd be having twins until the actual birth. They are such a sweet couple and I love spending time with them. Brian, my history buff husband, enjoyed his time with Uncle Sandy as Sandy was actually a POW. So thankful the Lord had his hand in the war ending right when Uncle Sandy needed it to for survival. Just a great evening catching up with them.

When we left Iowa, we headed down to Kansas City for a day. There I was able to see my cousin Laura and her 4 boys (her daughter was away at Opera Camp), my Aunt Sharon and my Uncle John. It's been a long time since I had seen Laura. Basically she has had 5 children since I saw her last. That's a LONG time overdue!
Aunt Sharon treated us to a wonderful lunch out while we all caught up with each other and then Uncle John was waiting for us when we went back to their home. It was just wonderful spending that time with them!
Posted by Picasa