Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Meltdown in St. Louis..

It's a gorgeous day when we make our next stop in St. Louis. We are SO excited to do something we have never done before - go to the top of the St. Louis Arch.

Apparently we did not even think we needed to take the time to "properly prepare" our children for this adventure. Apparently Reece thought, when we told him we were going to the top of that Arch, he -in his 7 year old mind - pictured us scaling the thing with a rope on the outside.

Major meltdown for Reece as children happily hop and skip past us on the way to their adventure. Well....we took some time to help Reece off "the ledge" yet he still kept a grumpy face in some of the pictures... Lesson learned for these parents.



3 comments:

Amy Williams said...

That is too funny (and sad of course). I am glad you captured it on camera eventhough I am sure he was not so happy about that!

Sandy M. said...

From a child's eye view that WOULD be overwhelming, thinking he would have to climb it! I asked L. about it last time she was here because I lived there when it was built but I've never been in it.

Carpool Queen said...

Thank you for showing me that I'm not the only one that has to deal with meltdowns on vacations :)