Saturday, August 23, 2008

Speaking of Lindsey

As I sit here, thinking of Lindsey (away at a slumber party), I thought I would post a picture of one of Lindsey's ministries. When Lindsey first left a crib (at 2 years old) we decided it would be a good idea to buy a very nice queen bed for her. She gets a nice big bed and her ministry would be --when we have company -- to let our company have her nice, big bed. Lindsey is a true giver and this really gives her great joy to use her room for company. We are thankful for that. Especially our first year in N.C. when we had overnight guests once every month for 12 months. (talk about a Bed and Breakfast - whew!)

Well......Lindsey has taken her 'hospitality' a step further. She now lays towels, soap, magazines and chocolates all over her bed for any company. I had to take a picture just to remember her wonderful giving spirit. This beats any Bed and Breakfast out there -- I'm sure! :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heather said...

wow! what a great gift of hospitality and giving! way to go Lindsey:)

Sherri said...

Did you say chocolate? Can I book a room for tomorrow night? :-)

Seriously - she reminds me of my mother - who loves to host and always makes up a really pretty gift basket for her guests - hum...I remember when she hosted 2 USNA glee club midshipmen for a weekend at our home back in 1992...that was the the weekend I met the man of my dreams. Watch out Lindsey!

Stephens Family News said...

It's no wonder Lindsey is so sweet...think about who her parents are! :o) I love the way you have her room decorated!

anthonyandbeth said...

i think this is so sweet! lindsey has such a tender heart! i'm sure her ministry is greatly appreciated by all of your guests. and a great way for her to learn the importance of giving at a young age!

emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily said...

I've enjoyed Lindsey's hospitality a number of times. Even when you lived in Hartville and I stayed with you on extremely hot nights. Thanks, Linds!

The Wise Family said...

Oh, I am showing this to Mary Claire as we speak. Our girls would have a lot in common. What a sweet girl you have! And what a great idea!