Thursday, January 15, 2009

Those Packing Peanuts....


Tonight we came home, from the Y, in time to make a quick supper. When we arrived home we were all excited to see a box waiting for us. It was from my sister (aka 'Aunt Nar). It actually was some framed photos for Brian and I, but the kids didn't care because there were those packing peanuts to play with.
I warned them that they would need to clean up each little piece before they did anything else for the evening.

Tonight was the first time that I started to not trust my sister. I had a picture of her telling the UPS store that she wanted them to pack the box completely full of packing peanuts. Just knowing that her neice and nephew would go crazy and get them everywhere. Well... they sure did that and when it was clean-up time you could hear Lindsey saying: "We need your help. There are just too many and it will take FOREVER to get them all." They didn't receive much sympathy... :)
So....is this the UPS store or does my sister have a hand in this? Hmmm....


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Heather said...

my kids have always loved 'hiding' things in peanuts and finding them:)! if it wasn't SO messy i would say save them for preschool! i'm SO impressed with all the Y time you are fitting in!

emily said...

Lindz and Reece are way too cute for your own good!

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay......in my "defense." I paid EXTRA just so the Brown Store guys would make sure that picture didn't break on the way from IA to NC. I was a little freaked when the kid who worked with the order said something about putting a "special" plastic over the frame, so IF it broke, it wouldn't shatter. That "shattered" my confidence a bit.....Plus, I thought they'd use bubble wrap - which Grandma thought would be fun for the kids to pop. Looks like they had just as much fun with the peanuts....sorry for the mess!

Janet said...

Oh....they had plastic around the frame and then they had the 'big bubble' --bubble wrap taped around that and a HUGE box full of packing peanuts. It took awhile to find the picture and I had a brief thought that you had just sent the peanuts as a joke/funny gift for the kids. Whatever you paid - they gave you your money's worth. :) The gift you sent us is priceless,though!

Stephens Family News said...

Hilarious! Love these pictures! I'm with you, Janet...I HATE packing peanuts!! However...I'll admit that I do like to play with bubble wrap! :o)

TR said...

looks like a snow storm in your house! :-) how come kids have all the fun?