Saturday, August 08, 2009

Reece is 6!!

Today is Reece's 6th b-day! What a fun filled day for this little guy. As is the Megilligan tradition, Reece woke up to a room full of balloons. We also had to get up early because, per Reece's most favorite activity, we were going to the beach. To top it off he got to have his buddy, Braden, join us.

I did not even have my bag and chair off my shoulders when these guys went running to catch some waves. I told them not to go in too far until I could join them. Braden (pictured below) said, "I'll only go up to my ankles!" Love that kid!!
Braden, Austin, and Lindsey had a great time burying Reece in the sand.
Reece's face is actually under that towel. What a thing to do to Reece on his b-day.

After Ci Ci's, we went home to dive into Reece's Wall-E cake. He loved that movie and he also loves going to the bakery and picking out his cake.

Reece LOVED all of his presents this year. Here he is with his nerf gun from Braden. Just look at that smile!
Well....the kids, including Braden (a sleepover to boot!) are all tucked in and I must say that I'll be heading that way myself soon. I couldn't help but think back to 6 years ago when this little guy was born. This stinker had his umbilical cord all twisted around his wrist and in such a fashion that the doctor's hadn't seen it in such a way. I was assured we wouldn't have little Reece had they not raced me down to the operating room for a c-section. As you can imagine Brian loved it today as I sat on the beach recounting the moments of his birth. Fortunately I had a doula for all three kids and I have a book for each of them that my Doula recounted minute by minute, play by play. She was also our 'photographer' during those moments of labor and birth.

Reece continues to be a little "stinker" in the best of ways. He is our little clown always ready with a big smile and the cutest laugh ever. He has been such a joy and I love him very much! Happy Birthday Reece!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Reece! I'm so glad he had a great day and just love the pictures of them together with the cake! Reece has got the BEST smile:). Thanks for inviting Braden into your family for the day AND night! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Reece. We went to the beach today and to Cici's in Wilmington for dinner. Just got home about 2 hour ago. Great minds think alike.