Saturday, December 19, 2009

I marvel.....

I sit here tonight simply in awe of the Lord and His care for me. Yes, I have shelter, I have food and I have clothing.......yet He desired to show me that He cares for even the little things in our lives. Today He wanted to show me that He is in the little details of my life as much as He is in the big details of my life. He also wanted me to simply laugh out loud with humorous joy.

Yesterday I was at Target, my second home lately, and Brian asks me to look for cheap, thin, wire hangers as he has a project he would like to attempt. (I'll let him blog about that if it comes to fruition.). I look at all the possible hangers and call him back to say that most are the thick plastic and even the cheaper ones had a thick plastic coating on them. I have no other idea where else to get the thin wire hangers except to ask a dry cleaning service if they would be willing to sell some.

Well....today Lindsey and I decide to go out and race each other around the neighborhood. Several blocks away, at the end of a drive way by a mail box, what do I discover but several cheap, thin, wire hangers. This is not garbage day and nothing else is sitting out except for these. I was in awe and it just bubbled forth in laughter. Unfortunately Lindsey is quite competitive and we were in quite a run at the time so I wasn't able to pick them up. Later I was taking the boys to a birthday party and stopped to get them. (Very funny, too, in that Austin was shocked I would get out and steal something from someone's property. So I had to explain how the world works with that one and how he didn't need to report me to any authorities.)

I was tempted to wrap them up for Brian for Christmas, but didn't want him making a trip to the dry cleaners. He got a good laugh out of this as well.

I know so many people approach this week with a lot of stress: financial stress, family stress, etc. I just wanted to share how God is truly in every single detail of our lives and how much He cares.

I love Matthew 6: 25-27:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

God loves us more than we can even imagine. He is in the big details and little details of our lives. I marvel......
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

What a great story - I almost didn't read it because the sight of wire hangers mangled up together makes my blood pressure skyrocket and I break out in hives.

anthonyandbeth said...

thank you Janet. i needed to read this tonight. so wonderful to see Him in the little details!!!

Stephens Family News said...

Thanks, Janet!! :o)

Sandy M. said...

I love it when God "shows up" like this. A few years ago (okay, LOTS of years ago since they now have kids of their own...) my friend's children REALLY wanted a rabbit. She told them they couldn't afford to buy a crate for them (I think it's called a "hutch"...), but that if God just dropped one on them, she would spring for the rabbit. She went out jogging the next AM & it was trash day... of course, you know the rest of the story. There was a perfectly good rabbit hutch sitting on a pile... their bunny, Floppie ( a flop-eared one) lived many happy years in that crate from God.