Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Concrete Covenant..



I have NO idea where my kids got this saying, but whenever they want the other sibling to REALLY believe them they say: "I concrete Covenant." Cracks me up every time and I always hope they know how important honesty and promises are.

Recently we had a "monsoon" week here where it was continuous rain. You went to bed hearing the rain and you woke up to rain. It had been a long season of 'no rain' so it was mostly a welcome sight. After such a rain I just kept thinking: "Surely this week is 'worthy' of a rainbow in the sky!" Well...I was not disappointed when I heard Reece yelling: "Mom, come quick! There's a rainbow out front!" And sure enough, there it was right outside our front door.

A couple of things that make me both happy and sad. Sad that this really was just there for a few short minutes and I would have missed it had I not had an enthusiastic child waiting for that rainbow. It just reminded me of how often I get SO caught up in my multitudes of daily "to do's". This beautiful sight was so short lived. I would have surely missed it. Don't be too busy....

The happy part is that I still take such great pleasure in God's beautiful artwork! Reece KNEW I would and we enjoyed it together. I grew up on a farm in Iowa and we were no strangers to drought. Rain makes me happy as much as a sunny day. And a rainbow is just one more thing to remind me of how the Lord is ever present and faithful in my life and His promises are true.

Genesis 9:13- 15b "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind..."


God's faithfulness and promises are true TODAY just as they were in Noah's day. Don't miss them in your life...

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I too was enthralled seeing the rainbow, though it looked completely different from where I saw it.
Love that it is often the simple things that thrill kids & that sometimes we get "in on it" with them.