Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A first for our family....

Today was a "first" for our family: Apple picking. I have never been before and how cool is it that our friends had never been as well. Makes for a: "let's get that on the calendar and do it!"

Here's a picture of all the kids before heading out to the orchard...

I just love this picture of the youngest, in our clan, munching on an apple on her Momma's back. Just the cutest!!


We Moms were getting a little nervous as we saw the amount of apples being picked. Started envisioning how we would be using up all of these.. But let me tell you the kids had fun loading up their baskets...


The kids ended their time with apple cider slushies. Yum-oh!


Ok......off to print out some apple recipes! I have my work cut out for me!

6 comments:

Heather said...

i just cooked up 30 lbs last sat. and have been making yummy desserts with the others so let me know if you want any recipes!

Sandy said...

Where did you go for this???!! I love to go apple picking, but usually find somewhere in the mountains for it.

anthonyandbeth said...

i really wish i could fit this in...where did you go again?

rabbimeg said...

Great pictures of great kids having a great time! Did you save granddad any apples? I really like apples!

Carpool Queen said...

I still have some in my fridge. Hope they're still good :)

Sherri said...

Today during grammar, I asked our daughter to write out a question sentence. She wrote, "When will you take me to Iowa?" I have no idea what prompted her to write about Iowa, but here is my question statement for you: Can she hitch a ride with you next time? :-)