Monday, September 20, 2010

A beautiful heart....


I often tell Lindsey that she came straight from Heaven, on a cloud, right to us. I call her "my angel", my "sunshine girl", etc. I can't say how many times I have seen such a beautiful heart in this little girl. I'd like to remember just a few things she has recently said that attest to the beauty within.

**Her favorite season is winter because we celebrate Jesus then.
**After blue and purple, her favorite color is 'yellow' because Jesus is the light.
**Her favorite candy is a candy cane because she heard how you can share Jesus using a candy cane.
**When we have an outside activity and it doesn't rain she is the first to say: "Of course it didn't rain, because I prayed about it!"
**She wants to be a Mommy and a missionary when she grows up. She also thinks once her children are 12, and able to stay home
alone she will be able to go out and do missionary work. She has a plan.
**When something wonderful happens or she sees something beautiful she tells me that is how she thinks Heaven will be.
**Lindsey often says she can't wait to give Jesus a BIG hug!
**Recently we had visitors, at our front door, sharing their religion. An hour later Lindsey burst into sobs saying we needed to
pray for them because they don't know her Lord.

This is ALL Lindsey and what the Lord is doing in her heart. It is beautiful and convicting, to me, all at the same time. This world is a hard place to always have such a beautiful heart and outlook on life. I pray God will always protect her heart and continue to give her a passion to serve Him her whole life.

I'm SO thankful for her beautiful heart!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sherri said...

What a treasure she is!

Carpool Queen said...

Loved this post - Can't wait to spend some time with her (and you!) tomorrow -

Sandy M. said...

This is precious & she really does have a sweet heart! Obviously you & B. have sown seeds of Jesus' love into her life.