Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I am THAT housewife!! (no pictures allowed)

First to explain since you would have to live with me or next to me to know this: I always start my day by getting dressed. I am just not one to stay in my p.j.'s all day. It goes beyond that. It used to be a rare occurrence that I would even leave my bedroom without my hair and make-up all done for the day.

Well...now that I start my mornings with early runs I find that I rush into a shower, get on to breakfast and start our school day without another trip back to my room to make myself 'presentable'.

Being at home, it would not normally seem to matter, but this morning I have had two people ring the door bell. One was a group of Jehovah Witnesses (usually there is just two people - not a whole group). I truly read it in their faces when they looked at me: "This lady needs 'some' kind of saving." Or at least her husband does.

After the second door bell and "second looks" I realized that:

I have become THAT housewife!!!

2 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I am her, too. I actually went to the park today looking wretched. I've sunk to new lows.

anthonyandbeth said...

i am too...please call before you stop by so i can get my clothes on. :) and i have been quite surprised by what i been known to wear at times to the store, etc... i would have NEVER thought i would EVER do that. :) you probably wouldn't even recognize me...or at least i wouldn't want you to. :)