Monday, November 29, 2010

All I want for Christmas.....

"All I want for Christmas....is a T-bone steak in Amy's marinade." I just know that is what Brian would say. Well....he got his wish a little early this year. He had his steak for Thanksgiving.
Our friends, Amy and Eric, made us a delicious steak dinner and this marinade is simply the best. So good that Brian ran out to get the ingredients and made it himself. I don't buy red meat or pork so, trust me, this was a HUGE treat to Brian who only sees chicken and turkey around here. Thought I'd share Amy's recipe here and spread the joy. I like steak okay but this marinade easily puts "loving steak" in my vocabulary.. Here's the recipe...


Steak Marinade:

Begin by salting one side of each steak with course sea salt (or Kosher salt). Then put those in a large zip lock bag. (about 4 to a bag)

Mix these ingredients and pour into the bags:
2 T Olive Oil
1 T pickapepper sauce (found near Worcestershire sauce)
1.5 T Molasses (this makes it brown on the grill)
1 T Balsamic Vinegar
2+ T of Horseradish
2+ cloves of minced garlic
1+ cup of Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. of pepper

Marinade them in the fridge over night or 8-12+ hours. Flip the bag every few hours.

Grill your steaks to your liking.

Seriously delicious!

Sent from my iPhone

2 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

We're red meat people, so I look forward to trying this.

My husband's people always have standing rib roast in addition to turkey for the holiday meal, which always struck me as odd, but I've learned to skip it for the main meal and eat it for the round two meal - makes it less like leftovers :)

Sherri said...

The marinade sounds delicious!! As people from Iowa like to say, "My Lands!" If I didn't serve red meat at our house, I might be a widow by now. Oklahoma boys think they can't live without it! ;-)