Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I KNEW this before you were even born..


Austin, Lindsey and Reece,

I just knew, WAY before you were born, how much I would LOVE being your Mom. I think I knew it, as a little girl, when I would line all my dolls up and cover them with blankets and feed them their bottles.

I just KNEW...

When, in highschool, I would cancel my own 'party plans' to babysit and even when church friends would double book me with two families to care for...

I just KNEW...

When, as a newlywed, I worked at a school where I had to call a mom to pick up her child because she had a temperature and the mom said: "I just don't have time for this! I have so much shopping to do!" Then...I knew I wouldn't be 'that' Mom.

I just KNEW...

When Brian and I had to visit friends, who were in the hospital having babies, and I cried after leaving them even though we had no plans to have children right then.

I just KNEW...

When my mentor told me to get to the Library each week, with a six week old (!) and start reading to you all each day and then God chose the next steps in your education...

I just KNEW...

Last night when I was at a Mom's meeting/party and an hour into the night I went up to my friend and said I just needed to get home to see my kids before they went to bed. My friend said: "I know you do."

I just KNEW..

And when I got home to a boy running down the steps, squealing that I was home, jumped into my arms and wrapped his legs around my waist -- as I struggled not to fall off the steps.

I just KNEW..

I KNEW I would LOVE being your Mom!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

oh my word I love this post.
love it.

Amy said...

Very sweet!!

rabbimeg said...

Did you know they were going to be goofy too?!?! Tell my favorite grand kids in NC that I love them!