Friday, December 24, 2010

The week of Christmas..and I earned the right to be a boring mom in January. :)

The past 7 days have been filled with lots of fun and laughter. I'll give a short and sweet guided tour. Reece was able to go to a Christmas roller skating/gift exchange party with Brian. Great Christmas party idea! This party went from 3-5p.m. and then he was invited over to his friend, Jackson's, for the evening. Beth brought him home at 9p.m. What a day for this little guy, but he sure was a happy boy!
On Sunday we had our Tae Kwon Doe Christmas party. It was dress up and it was crazy! I've decided NOT to share what - especially- Brian and I did during this party. What goes on at TKD must stay at TKD....
Look out for that Santa Claus! He is a big-time black belt dude!
Love that my husband wore my Christmas scarf on his head!
Some of our friends who had to pretend to be Christmas trees while we decorated them. Some even had bows on their eyes. This was as tame as the afternoon got.
My sweet Lindsey had the opportunity to go to the Nutcracker with about 10 other girlfriends. My friend, Leslie, gave me the day off and took Lindsey and some of the girls with her. Lindsey had a wonderful time!
Wednesday night we were invited to a Christmas Open house. I'm not surprised, at all, that the hostess invited many people and only 2 couples couldn't come because of being out of town. I think I heard she had about 83 people show up. Kudos to Gretchen because she does this all in stride and we simply had a wonderful time. I'm sure we broke every "open house etiquette rules" for how long we stayed, but their house is ALWAYS hard for us to leave. Wonderful party Gretchen!!

After 3 hours we did find our manners and say goodnight. This was about 9p.m. and Brian knew I planned to squeeze 2 festivities into one night. So we headed to a local church that does "Christmas Unwrapped". It is amazing and was actually better going to that later as it was less crowded that way. Look at these decorations!
Reece LOVES that they have bouncy houses in 3 or 4 rooms. I think he had gotten a bit of sugar, from Gretchen's house, and needed to bounce the rest of the night away.
Carolers at the Gift Unwrapped..



They sure had a 'rockin Christmas concert' in one of the rooms.
We were still awake and partying on at 10 o'clock that night. We are generally pretty strict about bed time so the kids thought this was pretty cool to say the least!
Thursday night we went to see a Christmas light display that is my favorite light display in our area. The picture below is blurry, but during the magic show, there was a marriage proposal and that was pretty unique...
I think we spent an hour and a half in the cold. Thankfully they had a fire going and hot cocoa.
Love the lights!!!

Santa Claus was there...
Here we are at our Christmas Eve service. The last song we sing is Silent Night and the entire church lights candles.

Have a blessed Christmas!! Christ the Lord is born!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow! What fun. We've had TKD on our "to-do" list when our son gets old enough, but now I have even more incentive...to find out what really happens at those parties. Brian sure looked cool with the scarf doo-rag. We've been looking for a good light show so do tell me where you went so we can go next year. Merry Christmas!

Sandy said...

I want to know where the light display was! Looks like you had a busy, fun-filled week! You definitely earned the right to be boring in Jan.!