Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Christmas at our house in April


As you can see, it doesn't take much to have a cause for celebration at our house. Today Fed Ex delivered 6 bags of white Snappy Popcorn (I think all the way from Iowa). When we first moved down here we searched every store for white popcorn. The world came close to an end when we couldn't find any. How could we have moved to a place without white popcorn? So....we decided to "suffer on this missions field" and try out the yellow popcorn. It was awful - kept getting stuck in our teeth. Plus it is just heavy and not our light and fluffy white popcorn. Now we get ours shipped here. It is truly gold in a bag. Especially since popcorn is our Sunday night supper. Aw......this box makes us all smile in the Megilligan household.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Allison said...

That sounds good. Might have to pop some popcorn for my afternoon snack now. But I only have the microwave kind... =(

The Hilemans said...

what in the world is white popcorn? And really? Popcorn for dinner? If you guys do that, surely I could justify that around here... :)

Janet said...

Laura, my uneducated answer would be "whatever popcorn is not here." Down here we have yellow popcorn.

Some families in my childhood church would make popcorn, for supper, after the evening service. Brian and I have done that for years. So....I know at least 52 times a year I don't cook supper. The boys only eat popcorn, but Lindsey might ask for apple slices to go with hers. I can deal with that. :) The kids LOVE popcorn night and -if we don't have Kidz Praise - it usually includes a "family movie night".

Heather said...

I was about to ask the same thing as Laura...What is white popcorn..I thought ours was white! Well you'll have to make it for me sometime:) Oh...and Laura, we have popcorn on Sunday night too...our friends in seminary always did it:)

Sherri said...

When I grew up and Mom served corn on the cob, Mom made sure to get Silverqueen white or something like that. All I know is that the kernels were white. When I moved away, I discovered yellow corn on the cob (Chili's has great yellow corn on the cob), and I've never gone back to white. Is the white vs. yellow popcorn the same difference - just sold as popcorn vs fresh? My popcorn does stick in the teeth though, and that's annoying.

Brian Megilligan said...

White popcorn, though smaller packs a more flavorful punch. Yellow popcorn is just big, airy and flavorless. Reminds me of those nasty rice cakes.

Stephens Family News said...

Funny!! Makes me laugh and think of the old commercials like "the Pepsi challenge". You know, where they would blindfold someone and see if they could tell the difference between Coke & Pepsi. Maybe we should have a "White vs. Yellow" popcorn challenge... :o)

rabbimeg said...

I wonder what ol' Orville R would say to all this conflab about popcorn? As long as Sam's sells Act III, we're good to go.

emily said...

So picky. I don't know anyone else like that ...

anthonyandbeth said...

i want to taste this white popcorn and i want to try popcorn for dinner night. sounds GREAT! :)