Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Not a kid anymore and not a teen yet

Gotta love 8 and 9 year olds and their thought processes. Austin had a friend over for the day and evening Friday. We were heading to soccer and the park when I couldn't resist listening in to Austin and Josh's conversation. They were actually sad for themselves being at the "old age" that they are. The reason they were sad: They couldn't fit into those cool "car carts" at Target. It was just too cute to listen to this sweet conversation. I always thought kids couldn't wait to be older. Well.....I guess those awesome carts have kind of spoiled "growing older" for Austin and Josh.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm with you! I always wished to be older...as soon as Cailey has a birthday she says, "I'm almost 6 now" (Right after she turned 5).
Kids are so cute!

anthonyandbeth said...

it's such a dilemma for kids. sometimes being older works for them and sometimes they'd rather be "little" again. i remember feeling both things and it usually was when the opposite would've been more fun for me at the time! :)

Allison said...

How funny! I love listening to kid conversations when they think there are no grown ups around. It gives such insight into how their little growing up minds think!!

emily said...

Kinda weird, but I rarely wanted to get older as a kid. Sure, I wanted to be old enough to do X or tall enough to ride the roller coaster, but I always mourned being too old to order from the kids' menu or too big to ride the kids' roller coaster. Guess I'm more like Austin. Was Brian that way?

BTW – Austin really is looking grown-up!

Janet said...

You and Austin probably have it right on, Emily. We are usually all in such a hurry to grow up that we miss how wonderful it is to just be a kid and enjoy the great things about NOT having adult responsibilities yet. Also the good deals on a kid's menu. :)

Sherri said...

I sure wish I could fit into a kid cart! Oh to be young and healthy and beautiful again...Austin is wise - hold onto youth big guy.

Brian Megilligan said...

Sherri, you probably could fit into a kid cart! :)