Sunday, January 03, 2010

Challenge/blessing.....

More than any other year I've heard more people say how ready they were to leave 2009 behind.

It is nice to "start over", begin anew.... I love getting new calendars and envisioning the possibilities. Yet how very easy it is to get caught up in life's busyness and see a day, a week, a month and even years slip by. I've seen on many inspirational blogs those that want to take that 'next step ahead' in their life -- be it with their job, parenting, exercise, and walk with the Lord.

I'm very excited this new year with a Bible reading system that is like no other I have ever seen. In my desire to focus more energy in preparation for my eternal home, God led me to Grant Horner's Bible Reading System.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12349985/Professor-Grant-Horners-Bible-Reading-System

It is well worth checking out. Grant has been doing this system since 1983 and it is life changing. So many of us are familiar with "reading through the Bible in a year". Well....this will catapult us into a whole new intimacy with God's Word.

Using this system you'll read through all the Gospels four times, the Pentateuch twice, Paul's letters 4-5 times each, the OT wisdom literature six times, all the Psalms at least twice, all the Proverbs as well as Acts a dozen times, and all the way through the OT History and Prophetic books about 1 1/2 times.

When Dr. MacArthur saw Grant Horner's battered Bible he said, "If your Bible is falling apart, you probably aren't."

My own Dad's Bible is held together by duct tape and so I personally know how God's Word can impact a life.

I'm excited for this 'deeper' journey!

4 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I love that quote - I've been chewing on it since you tweeted it earlier.

Gretchen said...

I'm off to check it out. Thanks!

Happy New Year

rabbimeg said...

Yep, I understand about your dad's Bible. I've been looking for someone to rebind my almost 40 year old edition but not with much success. If you know of someone, give me a shout.

anthonyandbeth said...

you have really encouraged to get in the Word! i've printed the article...