Sunday, January 10, 2010

Feel VERY sorry for our 3rd child...

My sister might deny this (she is the first born and I am the 3rd/baby of the family), but the third child gets a 'raw deal' at times. While Brian was setting up the train for Christmas, he discovered that Reece had his FIRST loose tooth. The camera came out and I was determined that this 'first' would not be forgotten. Well...on our way, with Aunt Sharla, to the Christmas concert Reece lost his tooth in the parking lot. We have no idea if it dropped or if he swallowed it.

In the busyness of the season we did not write the tooth fairy a note and it was completely forgotten. Fortunately Reece didn't really remember either and we went on with the holiday season. Now he has several teeth loose and I am determined that we will make it up to this little guy.

It is so funny to go back and look at my sister's baby book and my baby book. If my sister had so much as a bug bite, my mom recorded it in her baby book. By the time I came around my baby book was not nearly as full. We babys of the family do make up for it and Reece tends to give us the best "can you believe he did that" kind of stories.

Can you imagine what would happen if we had had a 4th child? We'd probably forget to bring the baby home from the hospital. :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

Please let me know if you find that lost tooth, as I'm sure it's with my lost hoop earring out there!

anthonyandbeth said...

how funny! poor Reece! :) i had such good intentions of making sure the baby books are equal. Addison's lasted about 3 months. at least i put most of the milestones on the blog so maybe one day i can go back and fill in. terrible! :( and my sister Janet, also a 3rd, only had a few pages filled on in her baby book, Grace's was half done, and mine was complete. :) we have the best intentions, don't we? :)

Your Older sister said...

Oh, Please.....the firstborns have to "break in" the parents - that's a tough job by anyone's standards. Then when the baby of the family asks for things, they're so worn down and tired, that they give in right away ( this is well-documented.) The downside of having a complete baby book is having to read entries like: "Lynette was sitting in the middle of the living room, and she laughed, and scared herself." I'm NOT making this up. Plus....I know the date and time of each baby tooth, when it "came in" and when it was lost. Except one of my front teeth - I still think I swallowed it while eating cherry pie. Poor Reece - hopefully he'll grow up and be normal :) despite the early hardships in his life. Hee Hee!

Amy Williams said...

Ha Ha. I totally relate - I am kid #3 and I don't even have a baby book and often remind my parents of this (bad I know). They say it is because we were overseas until I was 3!!! I try to keep it in the back of my head not to go way too overboard on what I do for Luke as I will need to repeat it on future kids. In all honesty I LOVE being #3 - shhh - don't tell my family!

emily said...

I'm an only child and I don't have a baby book!

I think my mom has something somewhere but if I remember, she barely filled it in.

Some people just weren't born to be scrapbookers.