Thursday, January 14, 2010

Please be praying.....

While I haven't seen the utter devastation on the t.v. -having 3 little kids at home doesn't afford much t.v. time- it has been on my mind and in my prayers so much over the past couple of days.
Brian's sister, who was able to visit us last month, lives in the Dominican Republic where her Markarios School and ministry is located. Over the past 24 hours she has been able to raise almost $20,000 for the people of Haiti. She has already sent a truck of supplies (water, food, tarps and medical supplies) to Haiti and will be sending more in the next day or two.
It is a joy to read, on the internet, how this world comes together and helps even when they have no personal connections to the people of Haiti. I've read of several countries sending nurses, doctors, supplies, etc. to Haiti to help during this tragic time.
My mind has been in such a fog and it's so hard to concentrate on my own tasks knowing all that is happening in another country. After supper tonight and Bible reading we discussed what it must -in our own imaginations- be like for people in Haiti. After discussing it all with the kids we went around and prayed for the people in Haiti and for Aunt Sharla. We must never forget the power of prayer and we desire for our children to remember that, even when they feel helpless, they have the VERY Lord of Lords to call upon and pray to Him. Wow.....that doesn't feel so helpless after all. Let's keep praying!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandy M. said...

I just posted on my blog about it - very different from things I usually blog about, but felt it is such a great need & we all need to be praying so much. That is awesome that Brian's sister was able to raise that much that quickly & that God already had her in place to be effective that way & in the practical way of getting supplies to the people. I talked to Corey this evening, wondering if he might be going, but his unit wasn't ready enough to go (though he would have loved to do it.) The gangs are already roaming the streets with machetes & they have no army, so I hope our military can get things in order quickly to protect those people who are going through such horrendous living conditions right now. My heart just goes out to them! I'll be praying for Marla & her coworkers!