Saturday, April 03, 2010

Sunday is coming!!


Whew....it's been a 'heavy' weekend here at our home and I'm sure many homes as we reflect on what Christ did for us. Tonight we had a "take two" of the Easter story because last night was simply too hard for Brian to continue to read. When you see Peter deny Christ 3 times and you're describing, to your precious children, what the Lord did for us when He suffered and died. It was just too much...the kids needed to see that, though..

Yet...I have never ever been more excited about Easter Sunday! It's always been my most favorite Sundays all year. Course my Mom and I were laughing about all the 'sunrise breakfasts' we attended at my childhood church. I do not look upon that part too fondly. Quite simply I don't think I'll ever give the Lord 'my best' by getting up at 5a.m. Sure enough, we always attended and then crashed the rest of Easter Sunday.

I've admitted this to a few people and, I don't know why, but it just thrills me to no end. It's when the Pastor says: "He is Risen!" and we get to shout back: "He is Risen INDEED!" I've waited weeks for just that moment. Sunday is coming!

I'm sure ready to close the book on the grief and rejoice tomorrow with my sisters and brothers in Christ. Speaking of sisters -- Aunt Nar did it again. She spoiled our children with these beautiful Easter clothes and sent a huge box full of Easter baskets and goodies that she and Grandma took the love and care to fill. Thank you, so much, Nar!! Thanks for loving on these kids!

Happy Easter all!!









7 comments:

Stephens Family News said...

Happy Easter to the Megilligan family!! :o)

Love the tulips on Lindsey's dress! :o)

anthonyandbeth said...

such beautiful pictures and beautiful children!! what a blessing for your children to see their father's heart and his brokenness over what Christ has done for us! won't be surprised a bit if it's something they never forget. glad i got to see you a bit more this Sunday than i usually do! :) Happy Easter!

Sherri said...

Beautiful post. If you ever decide to have a yard sale for those kids' clothes, we'll save you the trouble by buying them all! :)

Carpool Queen said...

Great pictures - I tried to coordinate outfits but they would have NONE of it.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

oh these pics are sooo great!!!! what precious kids!

thanks for your encouragement on running!!! I am excited to hear you run too!!! I think the same thing when I see someone running who doesn't look like a runner! I love it! I just gotta get over myself! ha ha!
I know I can do it I just have to figure out how much to push and not push to get there!
sure! we could run this summer!
I didn't go to the breakfast or early service! I ran instead! ha!
I still can't get used to these cold/cool Easter Sundays!

emily said...

I don't know how you manage to get such beautiful photos of your kids, but they're lovely! You and Dena ..

Sandy said...

The kids look so cute in their outfits! I love sweater vests on boys/men, & especially with that design on them.
It is so humbling to realize again all that Jesus went through for us!