Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Craig's List Bargain

After Jumping Beans, playdate at our house, and then hosting the 'End of the Year Girlscout potluck' (and being on my feet those 4 hours. We get a call, at 9:30p.m., from a guy selling bunk bed furniture. We had inquired over this furniture, but someone had already 'claimed it". Well.....those people didn't show up. As tired as we were, we KNEW this was a steal. So Brian calls up a good friend to borrow his truck, drives 30 min. to get this furniture, takes a significant time to strap it onto the truck. Sets the GPS for back roads and gets home at 1 a.m. I barely remember Brian standing over me and asking me to help unload all of it. I can remember saying: "This day just won't end." The owners wanted to keep this bedroom set, but their new house wouldn't fit it. We paid the guy only 1/4 of what he paid for it.
As you can see, the boys have already settled right into their 'new' bedroom. Austin loves that he has his own "office" and Reece loves the shelves to put all of his stuffed animals on. I love all of the extra drawers and mirror with peg boards. And we all love Craig's List!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sherri said...

That's gorgeous furniture. I love Craig's list - although I sell more than I buy. Just reading about your day makes me feel weary all over. Poor you!

Allison said...

Wow! That's nice furniture!! My sister buys and sells a lot on Craig's list too. I've never actually checked it out. I'm thinking that I should now...

rabbimeg said...

Does Brian deliver to PA?