Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DUH!

This just caught my funny bone, so had to share it. Last night, at about 9:40p.m. Brian decides to get to bed early. It's a busy time of year for him and getting up super early for the Y each day catches up with him once or twice a week.

Well....I continued to drag out my evening until it was getting pretty late. And then I decided to go to bed and still read a little bit. So I find a flashlight, my library book and slip quietly into bed. God really does have a sense of humor because it is almost a new day and the chapter I am reading is how God designed sleep for a reason. This chapter continues to list the many health benefits of getting enough solid sleep and what happens to your body when you don't. I'm hanging on to every word and then I lay the book down and finally take in the scene in front of me: Brian sound asleep, me with a flashlight on my chest all hunkered down in the covers and reading a chapter about the importance of sleep as the clock gets closer to a new day.

This is God's sense of humor in my life! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

That's a subtle hint, right? I love reading in bed, all warm and cozy, but the husband does not.

Sherri said...

Let's see...as someone who had averaged <=5 hrs of sleep per night for most of her life until falling asleep at the wheel twice nearly killing myself, I can say that sleep is also helpful for safe driving. My husband let me sleep in until 10am this morning. Sleep is good! Hope you get some good sleep tonight - the time change should help!