Thursday, May 28, 2009

Backyard Visitors..

The whole month of May seems to be summed up with a deck project. Brian has spent almost every available moment replacing our deck steps while I've been staining the deck. After a full school year, it has been very nice to just paint outside and get lost in one's own thoughts. Very therapeutic. I'm so thankful the kids enjoy playing outside because that's where they've needed to be while we work. The other day we had a turtle and frog visit us while we were back there working. It is amazing how entertaining a slow turtle can be. It gave the kids a couple hours of entertainment for sure!

Now that school is winding down and the deck project is finished, this week has proved we have hit summer mode. Daily visits to the Y (don't know why I find sweating in a spinning or cardio muscle class fun -but it is) and I'm so thankful we've been able to have friends over to swim and even tomorrow spend the whole day with friends. Thanks to the kids for being patient during the month of May. Time for summer fun until the next project - the front steps, shutters, and door. UGH!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

my kids would have LOVED seeing that turtle! i bet your deck is looking so nice! won't it be nice for summer BBQ's! sounds like you have lots of fun planned! yipee! :)

Heather said...

Strangely enough, I get JUST as excited as the kids do when we find turtles, lizards and frogs:) NOT SNAKES though:)!! So much fun for them!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

JANET! I had no idea you had a blog! FUN! I will look forward to following you!!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

hey!!! I am thrilled you were "lurking"! I had no idea, but I WANT anyone to feel welcome visiting!
I would love to get together with you next time you visit! BUT from experience I know how busy long distance visits can be so don't feel bad if there isn't time. But it would be fun!
We got your mother's thank you note and the gift card. It was so sweet. After all your parents have done to pour themselves into our church family all that daniel did seems like a small token of thanks to them! ANYTIME she need something encourage her to call.
My family is far away too... I know how it is for you to pray for them from afar!

Love, beth