Monday, May 25, 2009

Neighborhood fun..

Sometimes you have to just listen to your kids when they beg to go on some nature exploration. This was just such a time and I dropped what I was doing to take the kids (and our neighbor friend) down the street to our neighborhood pond and walking trail. I am so thankful to have jumped at such a time, because we were truly blessed to see all these cute animal families. There was even a family of turtles.



There is a black-top trail, but we did explore off the beaten path just a little bit. It was so sweet to see our neighbor grab Reece's hand for security. Reece took it in stride. :)

At the end of our adventures, we looked longingly at the neighborhood pool. It was open, but it's sure been a cool spring here. Brian did, while I was away, take the kids swimming. We also had great fun enjoying the pool's sprinklers. I know we'll be spending lots of time here, but next time it will be straight into the water.

No comments: