Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Baptism..

This month Austin and Lindsey shared their testimonies, before our church family, and were baptized. We're so proud of them for taking this step and especially sharing their testimony with so many. Austin shared how he had come to the conclusion to accept the Lord because he knew the alternative wasn't so good. He actually had a few laughs from the congregation sharing his thought processes on salvation. A co-worker of Brian's said she would have known - just from listening - that it was Brian's son. She said it sounded just like how Brian thinks. Lindsey shared how she went through the Salvation Flash Cards with her Daddy and accepted the Lord at the end of this study.
I'm positive that I was more nervous than they were. I do remember being so young, when I was baptized, that the Pastor had to lift me up for everyone to see me. Now I would find it SO hard to speak in front of a large group. Our church does a lake baptism and I know that would be my preference. When we went to the last lake baptism it was SO noisy with kids jumping in the water and frisbees being thrown and our family was sitting with another family and talking over a picnic lunch. I didn't even notice people being baptized until Brian pointed it out. Much less intimidating indeed as several pastors are baptizing several people at once.
Austin and Lindsey have grown so much and it is just a beautiful thing to see. Austin is still reading through the Bible and Lindsey is a prayer warrior and will tell you: "Of course it is sunny today. I asked God for a sunny day." We feel so blessed to have these precious kids. Still praying for Reece's little heart....So blessed with these 3 kids!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

rabbimeg said...

This is really exciting...just wish we could have been there! We praise God for his gracious work in Austin and Lindsey's lives.

anthonyandbeth said...

how precious that they were able to do it together. they will remember that forever! :) wish i could have been there to see it...Anthony and Harrison sure enjoyed it! :)