Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Braden and Reece

A couple of weeks ago, when Austin was heading out to spend the day at a friend's house, Reece asked me: "Can I play with a friend just by myself?" It was so sweet and sincere I wanted to make sure and remember to act on his request when there was an opportunity. So often our get together s include entire families. So....last week Reece got to bring his buddy, Braden, to Marbles Museum for some one on one 'buddy time'. It was such a great time that I know Reece will not soon forget - and he is already planning his next 'alone' play date.
This picture just cracks me up because Braden is squirting Reece with the water hose. Normally I would assume it was Reece being the clown, but Braden really showed sides of himself that I hadn't seen before. :)
Don't all kids just want to jump right into their peas and carrots. These boys did!
Grocery shopping for their Moms of course! :)



After a couple of hours at Marbles, I suggested to the boys that we go out for ice cream. You never did see two boys run out of a fun museum faster. Reece is notorious for wearing his food and he doesn't care either. Well...today he did start to care just a little as Braden kept looking at him and saying: "Reece, you are all messy!" After awhile Reece started saying that to Braden and Braden immediately grabbed a napkin to wipe off any trace of 'messiness'. These two personalities were just too cute for words! I'm sure there will be more adventures for the two of them at some future time...

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

two buds! how cute! these pictures are GREAT! i love the ice cream "messy" story! it is so funny to see these little differences and how it makes each little one who they are! i love it! :)