Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Historic Yates Mill


This week Heather and I took the kids to a new park. The GPS (thanks Aunt Nar) gets both of us directionally challenged gals to all sorts of cool places. This park was no exception.
Seriously.....a sign like this one??? Seriously??? The kids did not care and in fact were excited at the prospect of seeing snakes. Heather and I on the other hand.....were not very calm, cool, and collected. And then a lady yells out: "Be careful kids and look out for any copper heads." Seriously......was that necessary?? Heather decided to make a lot of noise and sing: "La, La, La, La, La." I had never heard of doing this, but -had you been at this park Tuesday afternoon, you would have heard two ladies singing: "La, La, La, La, La"I MUST give a shout out to Heather, because while I was snapping pictures, she was making sure we still came home with six kids.


I'm not too sure if Austin is helping Reece or trying to push him in. I'll think good thoughts on that one.
Oh yes....AFTER they were right up to the water (picture above) I see this sign that says we weren't allowed to be there.And this sign I missed too, but my camera caught it.


I'm telling ya, these kids wanted to explore EVERYTHING, but Heather and I hung back a little from the tall grasses.






4 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

cute pix! love the last one especially! :) looks like a VERY fun place to explore! ;)

Austin said...

Would it be ok, to tell you I saw a snake?

Heather said...

PLEASE tell me you are joking Austin!! Actually...I'm thankful you didn't tell us:)! We had a BLAST with you guys...we'll have to go exploring again soon. And I LOVE the last pic!!

Aunt Nar said...

Looks like you had a great time. Austin-word of advice, sometimes it's best NOT to tell your mom EVERYTHING ;)