Monday, May 04, 2009

Bad, Bad Mommy.....


The kids are all tucked into bed with lots of hugs and kisses and wishing them sweet dreams. And then a moment comes where I am able to tell Brian something from my day. "Brian, I did something really bad today." (a laugh is actually bubbling forth as I just can't help it.)

"And I can tell you feel really bad about it." says Brian.

I can't resist sharing the tale of Reece and what transpired. I was in the kitchen baking and Reece comes in, grabs a 2/3 measuring cup and asks for sugar. Not to help me bake, but to actually just eat the sugar. I tell him again and again that you do not eat sugar plain. It has to be in something. That little kid is SO persistant, so......(here comes the bad part)... when he isn't looking I take a small spoon and put a little salt on it and say, "I guess you can have just a little bit." He gobbles it down and starts making his way to the bathroom. He's much too stubborn to grab a drink, in the kitchen, with me looking on. I'm talking to his back asking: "Would you like a little more, honey?" And trying so hard not to crack up as I watch his little head shake back and forth in a firm 'no'.

Gasp, shock, etc. I know, I know.......but I'm telling you -- he's not going to ask for any more sugar by the cupful I'm positive! :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

emily said...

That's awesome.

Austin said...

Watch your posts! One of these days Reece will be looking at blogs!

rabbimeg said...

IF we visit again :), I think we will check all sugar and salt canisters, shakers, etc, before using them!

anthonyandbeth said...

now this cracks me up. i'll have to file it away. :) to have seen the look on his face when he tasted the salt would have been priceless! :)

Stephens Family News said...

Hilarious! You are so funny! :o)

Allison said...

I'd say that's pretty smart!!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

funny!!!