Saturday, May 02, 2009

"Camping" with the Williams.....

Today we had the privilege of spending our afternoon/evening with the Williams family. I put "camping" in quotes because I have a feeling this is as close to actual camping either of our families ever experience. It was so nice to go hiking and have the kids just take off playing. It really is amazing what the kids find, in nature, that will just entertain them for such a long time.
Beth and I enjoyed walking behind Harrison and Lindsey and just listening to their sweet child conversations.
I wish I would have snapped the picture of the kids, running up the path, behind the guys. They weren't about to wait for the guys to figure out where on earth we were with the map.





We had usual 'cookout' food and enjoyed such a beautiful night. After supper, Anthony took the boys on another hike and they just loved it. Brian got a 'pit fire' going and Beth and I gathered the wood. She and I would have done so well in ancient times - ha! :)

Ahh...roasting the marshmellows....
....and eating smores.
Poor Beth, Brian was trying so hard to snap a picture of her with a little marshmellow on her chin.Lindsey did not even want a smore. Very unlike this child, but all she wanted to do was stroll around with Addison all night long.
Beth and I are already talking about our next get together......except this one is just for she and I. :)

1 comment:

anthonyandbeth said...

we had such a great time! i can't believe i've been driving down glenwood for 2 1/2 years and never knew the adventures just off the road! :) thank you so much for suggesting it! here's to more fun times as families...and girls times too! :)