Tuesday, November 04, 2008

We Voted

The kids were very excited to go along with Brian and I and vote. Austin is taking Government and Election course work, so he had some great questions for us. Lindsey wanted to understand 'how' voting worked. And when I used the example of "let's vote: Chick Fil A or McDonalds" Reece joined the discussion because he has strong opinions about what restaurant he likes. (and it's not 'old Mcdonald' as he calls it.)

Austin was quite nervous to wear an "I voted" sticker because he really didn't vote even though he stood over our shouders and watched us vote while adding his comments and questions.


Wouldn't you just love to leave our country's fate in these precious little dudes? They really wanted to vote too. Especially if it was about where dinner would be.



I didn't want to get in trouble but I snapped a far away picture of the kids with their Daddy voting behind them. Brian said later: "News report: A North Carolina woman was arrested after taking pictures inside the voting building." I really was trying to be discreet and all the workers were smiling at me at least. ( I know....thinking I was a little crazy. :)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stephens Family News said...

I think it's GREAT that you got a picture of them "voting" with Brian! It will be fun to remind them of it later. :o)

So tell me...did Chick-Fil-A win the dinner vote...or McDonald's?

Anonymous said...

I love this....little Americans!!

Brian Megilligan said...

It makes me so glad that you got a picture of my backside, although in retrospect it may be my best part.

Allison said...

That's great that they are learning about something so important at such a young age. =)

P.S. And seriously, don't leave us hanging....did McDonalds or Chic Fila win??

Janet said...

Chic Fil A always wins in our family!